Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 1: Returned

So here it is, Day 1, again. I'm sitting in the All Hands office, after quiet hours, covered in mosquito repellent. Managed to find a decent plot on the roof. Tent is up and dry and full of my scattered belongings. Not the messiest tent I've ever seen, but it's in the running. It's been raining all day, and promises to continue for the next few days as Haiti's hurricane season begins.

Strange to be back, and wonderful. So many memories of this place. It's completely different now, and yet exactly the same. Saw some great friends I haven't seen since my trip to London or before, and am getting ready to soon retire to my sleeping mat, see if I can't perhaps get WiFi signal from the roof.

I love speaking my terrible Creole again. This time around, I really need to get around to improving it.

Day 1. A good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment