Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 0: A Breakdown On Baby Doc's Return

Here's a great breakdown of why Jean-Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalier, a one-time dictator that has been exiled from Haiti for the last twenty-five years, may have returned:

On The Goat Path - Dissecting Duvalier's Return

On The Goat Path is a great blog that anyone interested in Haiti should follow.

On an unrelated note, people have asked me what's with the "Day 0" in my titles. Pretty simple really - when I'm out doing a project I feel is worth writing about and is about more than just me and my life, "Day 0" goes away and the time I spend doing that project is tracked, starting with "Day 1". Haiti, for example, ended on "Day 201" because that's the day I left. Think of "Day 0" as my holding pattern - keeping you guys up to date on what I'm doing while acknowledging that it really doesn't have much to do with anything greater than my own life. At least that's how I think of it, maybe it's all ridiculous and unneeded, but hey, this is my blog. In the immortal words of Cartman - "I do what I want!".

No comments:

Post a Comment