Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 190: I Love This

The biosand filter project is my baby. I've been running it for six months now. I'm going to miss it, especially because I really feel the ramp-up. Having April on-board full-time with me, given I'm training her to replace me, has made it much, much easier to get things done. Two is definitely better than one in that respect. And Henri, the project coordinator here at All Hands overseeing the project, has been really up and excited about it as well. Sad to leave now that it feels like it's truly hitting its stride, but so, so, so thankful I've had the chance to learn how to run a project (even in those moments I doubted my ability to do it well) and now, to see the impact it is having. I love it. It makes me smile, and makes me proud. This works means something. I've been looking for that for a long time.

Thank you All Hands for giving me the chance Thank you Haiti for giving me the place, and the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment